Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Win an Engagement Shoot with the fabulous Richard Wynn Davies Photography!

Valentine's Day...

Supposedly the most romantic day of the year (although shouldn't we make the same effort all the time?)  One fabulous thing about Valentine's Day is the proposal stories and we're not the only ones who love them.



The fabulous Richard Wynn Davies Photography have launched a competition to win an engagement shoot with them and trust us, this is a prize you will want to win. They are being extra generous and giving 5 lucky brides and grooms a prize. Wow!! We thought the best way to explain it was to use Richard and Caroline's words and they have been lovely enough to share their own proposal with us (we have to say well done to Richard - it was beautifully executed!)...

 'We love proposal stories. Some are funny, others romantic, others just plain ridiculous. Most are simple and heart-warming. When we spend quality time with new clients, often strolling around on their engagement shoot, it’s one of the first things we ask about. It helps to get them feeling all romantic for a start, and as I said, we love to hear everyone’s’ story, from how they met to their first date to popping the question.
 
It will hopefully not have escaped your notice that Valentine’s day is nearly upon us, and to celebrate we are giving away 5 fabulous prizes of an engagement shoot with us, and a £100 voucher to spend on printed photographs, digital files, albums or frames. The only pre-requisite to enter is that you need to be engaged and planning to marry within the next couple of years. Because, you see, we would like your proposal stories.
 
Don’t worry!!! It doesn’t have to be weird, wacky, witty, or wild (although fine if it is!). And we don’t need an epic unless you fancy writing one. Every proposal story is unique. Feel free to tell us as much or as little as you like. Where/when/how? Who did the proposing? What was the reaction? How quickly afterwards did your bookshelf resemble the wedding magazine rack at WH Smiths?!


Entering is easy peasy. Click on this link to go to our wedding homepage, then click on “Valentine’s Competition” and away you go!



To get you thinking, here is my story of when Richard proposed to me!

First thing’s first I was not expecting it …at all!  An early holiday in April took us to the gorgeous Spring sunshine of Cornwall.  A week of exploring coastal paths led us to some of the most beautiful deserted beaches and stunning landscapes  and evenings saw us enjoying great food, local ciders and visiting many cosy village pubs (as long as they had Sky and it wouldn’t be too hard for a certain someone to sneak a look at the football scores).


So to the proposal – we had been walking along the coastal path a few miles from Sennen Cove, when we spotted one of the deserted beaches I mentioned earlier. There was no path we could see so we decided to take a more perilous route over a swathe of rocks to the soft sand and turquoise sea below. It was stunning to say the least.


We sat on a rock, and dipped our toes into the (freezing) sea,  Richard was sat behind me whilst I splashed about.  He  said my name in that tone of voice I know so well, I didn’t turn around,  I just said “no, you’re not watching the match tonight!”.  So he said my name again and this time I did turn around to find him holding what suspiciously looked like a diamond ring! I’ll forgive him the clear absence of a bended knee. To be honest I can’t really remember what he said next as I think I went into shock, but I’m assuming  it was something along the lines of “will you marry me.”  So naturally I burst into tears and said “Yes”!

Oh yes, and then I fumbled the ring and came within a whisker of dropping it in the water. If you know me, that is fairly typical. Good job our camera lenses are shock proof.

So what are you waiting for? Share your proposal story to be in with a chance of winning such a fabulous prize. We're a little bit gutted we can't enter really!

01757 228647

No comments:

Post a Comment