Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spreading the love..... Quaintrelle Millinery


With the wedding season getting into full swing, I thought I'd bring you 'Spreading the love...' on the fabulous Claire Spooner from Quaintrelle Millinery.

I don't normally do hats - I tend to find they just don't look right (the hat I wore as Mrs Peacock at our Cluedo networking night will testify to that!) and nothing seems to suit me, or for that matter be flattering, as well as fashionable. But of course, that was until I met Claire - she has the most delightful collection and I wanted to share not only some of her creations, but get to know the woman behind them or in them should I say!

So Claire, how did you end up in the wedding industry?
When I set-up Quaintrelle two years ago, I decided to focus on cocktail hats – many of my clients now are wedding guests and sometimes brides. Smaller headpieces and hats can be worn indoors, outdoors, through a meal & don’t cast a shadow on photographs! 
          Here's Claire with one of her gorgeous creations at The Wedding Affair Network at Ripon Cathedral                           Picture courtesy of Photobooth4you
Tell us something about you that most people wouldn’t know.
I have a first class degree in Fine Art.

Who, or what, inspires you?
Beautiful fabrics and trimmings and historical costumes.

What is your greatest achievement?
Can I have two? Getting a distinction in millinery and more recently, having three hats going to this years Royal Garden Party!

Ideal 5 dinner guests, past or present?
Chanel (fashion designer and milliner), Duchess of Devonshire (Georgiana, style icon and socialite), Shakespeare (perhaps a recital?), Charles Frederick Worth (the father of Haute Couture) and Johnny Depp (charismatic and a hat-wearer).

What’s your favourite quote?
“You’re never fully dressed without a hat”...

        Stunning creations from Quaintrelle Millinery on the catwalk at A Wedding For All Seasons Designer Show               Photo Courtesy of Peter Boyd Photography
What can we expect to see from you in the coming months?
Dip-dyed feathers, sculptural quill trims and more beautiful bridal pieces!

What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Can I have two again? Needle and thread…with a piano coming close third.

What’s your favourite film?
“Rebecca”, Alfred Hitchcock 1940, with Laurence Olivier & Joan Fontaine – romance, murder, comedy & 1940s styling, perfect!




Thank you to Peter Boyd Photography for the great shots from the catwalk at A Wedding For All Seasons, our two day Designer Show. www.pbphoto.co.uk.

Please find below Claire's collection of amazing hats, veils and fascinators... photographer unknown!

 


 






 

So, just how gorgeous are these designs? I think that everyone should have a suitable millinery creation in their wardrobe and I suggest you contact Claire to order it.... now where did I put her number again?

Claire (and more of her fabulous designs) can be found via www.quaintrelle.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment